The Hunter/Gather of Surburbia

Are we where we live?

January 24, 2011

The assessories of eating well...

Ok, I lied, I probably don't eat all that well, otherwise not only would have not had a horribly painful day today, I'd be about 20 lbs thinner, at least.
Bought a stove on Friday, but not getting until Feb 3. That's one of the down things about Home Depot, they take forever to deliver your stuff. Of course this time it didn't help that the stove I wanted wasn't in stock. I bought one of those new fangled flat burner stoves. Hoping Marshall will not pee on it, like he does my old broken down stove from time to time.
I also bought my very first cast iron skillet! Cooked fried chicken, sorry forgot to take pictures. Andrew said the chicken was "too dark" but he ate it and the mashed taters. Cast iron gets hot and stays hot, I discovered too late, but with practice I'll get it right.
I'm also going to purchase a ceramic cast iron dutch oven. Wanted a Le Cresuet one, but they are $200! Kohls sells a FoodNetwork version for 59.99, so I will start out with that first and see how I do.
Le Creuset Enameled Cast-Iron 5-1/2-Quart Round French Oven, Red
That's the Le Creuset dutch oven. The FoodNetwork one looks the same, just no "le creuset" written on it.
The one below is a Lodge dutch oven and on Amazon is 59.99


Lodge EC6D33 Color Enamel Cast-Iron 6-Quart Dutch Oven, Caribbean Blue

Good cooking comes from practice and that's what I will start doing. Before the new stove arrives.
I also got some canisters for my sugar and flour, cat hair is a nightmare and floats into canisters that do not have a lid on them. Nice ones, 19.99 for seven black crockery ones at Bed Bath and Beyond. Not too bad.
Well enough rambling talk at you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment