The Hunter/Gather of Surburbia

Are we where we live?

March 30, 2011

Berries, Yum

I made the mistake of stopping at Bauman Farms for some apples and ended up buying three bags of berries. Marionberries, Boysenberries, and Loganberries. I love berries and my black thumb does not allow me to cultivate them. I do have two nice wild blackberry bushes in the backyard, but I think I'm killing them too. An incidious foreigner that is hard to kill, but I think I am doing it.
I made a berry pie, following the directions exactly from Emerile Lagasse and the pie was way to juicy. Yummy but too juicy, I think it is because the berries are frozen so I am going to try no water the next time. Maybe today, if I get myself motivated.
I am totally bummed about Pipeline Porter only being available until March. I did buy a six pack of their Koko Brown, which instead of coffee uses coconut. I don't like coconut, but I thought, "What the heck." Well I still don't like coconut, but the ale is ok. I won't buy a second six pack, but if you like coconut it is the ale for you. I'll have to go back to the lighter Longboard. Alex O'Loughlin on Hawaii Five-O drinks it on the show. He is a looker, he is. Too bad I could be his mom, it really sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment