The Hunter/Gather of Surburbia

Are we where we live?

July 20, 2010

Angry people

The great thing about the Internet is that you can get all this information and it's also the worst thing. With information comes opinion and with the Internet comes some anonymity. You can eviscerate someone and they don't know who you are.
Issues like animal rights, global climate change, the environment get people hyped up. They get me hyped up, but I don't do a good job of eviscerating back. I would prefer a healthy debate to name calling, band wagon, all the terms I learned in Speech class for bad argument. Saying I'm like Sarah Palin because I eat meat and don't have an issue with that, is not good argument. It lumps me in a group that I don't belong for no other reason to titillate other readers and make me angry.
We need to construct our words so that they will be listened to and, if we want it that way, to change people's opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment