The Hunter/Gather of Surburbia

Are we where we live?

July 28, 2010

Biking week two

So, still the same distance, but faster. Not sure if that's a good thing or not. I still ache, but I am guessing that may take awhile before I can bike a distance and not ache. Monday I followed to horny squirrels for a bit before they tumbled into some blackberry bushes. Today, I came around a corner and a deer was standing on the path. We stared at each other for awhile and then she trotted off as I followed. She did the cool hopping thing as we both sped up and then detoured into a clump of bushes. That's what I like about biking at Minto Brown. It is so beautiful and so near town and there is wildlife around each corner. About halfway through my current path there is a bald eagle nest with the proud parents and one fledgling. I wonder about the wisdom of having the next platform on top of an electric pole, though it and the others always have nestlings. I have noticed the duck population is smaller than when I used to walk with Rasta and Mocha. Guess they aren't as reslient as the geese on State Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment